Friday, March 21, 2008

Sheboygan's One Redeeming Quality

So Sheboygan, WI doesn't have all that much going for it except the lake, beer and brats EXCEPT for one thing: its a hot bed of amazing Mid-Century Modern architecture. At one point we even had an accepted offer on a MCM home designed by a student of Frank Lloyd Wrights in a fantastic neighborhood by the lake. There were also two other homes on the market that were incredible! However, the rest of Sheboygan is....well not so urban. So we decided not to stay.

When I was living there, I would drive around town looking for MCM homes. Here's a photo of a great structure that reminds me a little of our new house...

NOTE: I take that back...Sheboygan has a few things going for it: the architecture AND all of Stefano's restaurants! Its some of the best Italian food outside of Italy. And, of course, DOD (Duke of Devon for the uninitiated) for FFF (Friday Fish Fry).

1 comment:

Lance, Christina, and Guinness said...

I love DOD and FFF!! You're missing out on some good times!!

I love your blog!! How creative!