Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Low Flow Options for Water Conservation

Roxanne (from ecodeephaus blog) gave a great suggestion to go to the vendors for options so I dug out my Kohler Faucets and Accessories book. Low and behold....low flow aerators were available for all of my Purist faucets. Water flow is restricted from 2.2 GPM to 1.5 GPM....all for the low price of few dollars!

So now we need a low flow showerhead, however, most options are not that attractive for the modern aesthetic. Searching through the Kohler book, I found the MasterShower Relaxing 3-Way Eco Handshower with a flow rate of 2.0 GPM, down 0.5 GPM from their regular lines. Is 2.0 GPM enough to be considered "eco"? Not sure...but I do know that the low flow showerhead used in Motel 6s is the most painful showering experience so maybe the 2.0 GPM is a nice compromise!

No comments: