Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Appliances




Over Memorial Day weekend we started buying appliances. Of course our plan deviated from what we originally thought we would be buying, but I think we got some great items for a decent price. The front loading, stackable washer and dryer (both white) are from Whirlpool and the diswasher is Bosch (in black), both from Appliancesmart. Both the washer and dishwasher are Energy Star rated. Before this weekend, I didn't know that Energy Star doesn't rate dryers, ranges, etc. We found a great Bosch range (gas) from Sears Outlet. Its both black and stainless so it should pull the diswasher and stainless steel fridge together.

Still to get: the french door refridgerator and range vent (probably Bosch).

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi!
I'm so excited to have found your blog. My partner and I are just starting to look at the Hive Modular products as an option in case we don't find "the" house. I've already checked out the houses in the area and am so excited to be able to follow yours in the process.

Would you mind if I asked you questions about your process?

Thank-you!
Heather

Alyssa said...

Heather:
I would love to answer any questions! Please ask what ever you want. Its been a crazy process and we would love to share what we have learned.