Tuesday, May 20, 2008

No permit yet....but we have siding updates

Unfortunately, no permit yet. Apparently, its still with the city but has been moved to plan review from zoning. Its getting so late. We need to start ASAP!
The only new news is that the metal siding quote finally came in with a favorable result. Its one-third the cost of the cedar shiplap with the advantage of being virtually maintenence free. Now we only have to choose from one of the profiles below, then choose the color. Color is always the hardest...the available options never seem to match what I have in mind...
Both Jason and I like them all equally but I think the scale of the IC-72 is maybe too large. The other two are the front runners. We should be getting some samples soon of both these wall panels and the roofing panel colors.
Note: these wall panels are from http://www.metalsales.us.com/
V-Line-32 profile


IC-72 profile


7/8" corrugated profile

4 comments:

Kevin & Roxanne said...

Just discovered your site today. Good luck with the permit, I'm sure it's very frustrating to wait.
We went with the 7/8" corrugated siding in a dark grey installed vertically and are very happy with it. It has texture, but not so much that it's out of scale for the house. http://ecodeephaus.blogspot.com/2008/04/metal-walls.html

Good luck on your project! It will be a great addition to NE Mpls-
Roxanne

Alyssa said...

We have seen your house and love it! Excellent job. Thanks for the tip on the corrugated. The 7/8" corrugated is my favorite but my husband likes the v-line 32. Both are a good scale for the house I think. Good to hear that you like the dark gray....we are torn between Galvalume and dark gray.

Rodney Orton said...

I'm so sorry to hear about the delay with the permits. I know how frustrating it can be, being at that one last step and yet not be able to start. It's got that “so close and yet so far” feel to it. Anyway, which siding did you choose to go with? I'm not sure about the dimensions of your house, but all the same, I agree that the IC-72 looks rather big.

Lorilee Sigler said...

I think I would have chosen the 7/8” corrugated siding. I think it would be understated and not seen from afar, which makes it really interesting.