Friday, May 9, 2008

No more Ikea cabinets...hello custom!

When Aaron (our contractor) suggested custom cabinetry to Jason and I, the first thing that came to mind was our architects' mantra "its nice but you can't afford that." He sent us to Alpine Woodworking in Blaine.

The entire design process for the house started in October or November in 2007 . Up until a month ago, we were focused on Ikea cabinetry. I didn't know if looking at custom was such a good idea, mostly for me because I couldn't handle the stress of changing gears at this late stage. Its funny that you get focused on certain products that anything else was other-worldly.

As we met with Lori at Alpine, Jason and I started to get really excited since custom can offer some great solutions where Ikea would just be average. Just in one meeting we came up with some awesome solutions to some kitchen design challenges.


http://www.alpinewoodworking.com/

No comments: